Because we’re nice people, that’s why. We are a small trading and event rental firm with funky design products and only sell and rent products that we like ourselves and that we have tested and experienced. Perhaps most important, we’ll give you value for money. All our products are true originals, no fakes, no copies and if you don’t like your purchase, simply return it (see terms & conditions)
Our website is hosted at GoDaddy.com and our webshop is built upon shopify.com, one of the best e-commerce product catalogues. All necessary links are secured, and for payment we use PayPal that controls the entire check-out and payment process. We will never get to see your credit card or payment information.
All our manufacturers provide decent warranties on their products, something which is very important to us. Typically there is at least a six months warranty on manufacturing defects, subject to normal usage. For many items the warranty is one year. Email us if you want to know the warranty on your specific choice of product.
Most of our European products have been tested according to strict European standards and specifications. However the Middle East of course has a much harsher climate with extreme sun, heat, dust, sand and humidity and it is therefore impossible to guarantee that items will not discolor or deteriorate over time. Truth is, they will. We strongly recommend to always cover fabrics when not in use or better even, store items away in a dry place. If you have specific queries about which items are UV protected and to which extent, send us an email at sales@DesertRiver.com
We ship to all GCC countries: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Shipping to other countries upon request. Note that we are based in the United Arab Emirates; any shipment abroad might incur import taxes or other local duties which we cannot control. So whereas for the UAE we can offer all-inclusive prices, for Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia the courier company will ask you to pay local charges (and/or import duties, if any) upon delivery.
- Credit card; use your VISA or MASTERCARD through our safe PayPal system
- Cash on delivery
- Personal cheque from a UAE bank, to be mailed to us in advance
- Direct money transfer (or deposit) into our ENBD bank account
- Credit card payment over the phone
credit card (through PayPal) or direct money transfer into our account.
You can call us on +971 4 323 3636 or write to us at P.O. Box 74054 in Dubai. Even visit us in our Al Quoz warehouses on street 12b, close to Kanoo near interchange three on Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai. Alternatively, check our company license registration number 552294 with the Dubai Municipality, or our membership of the Dubai Chamber of Commerce & Industries, 83519.
We would love to get your feedback or ideas on products that you would like to see here. Let us know if there is something specifically that you are looking for, or know of a particular brand that is hip and happening but has not reached our region yet.
Fair comment. Although we are the regional and often exclusive distributors for many of the funky brands on our website we do not claim to be, nor want to be, a price-buster. Cheap and nasty is not our thing. We aim to provide the highest level of service, with good customer support levels – something which is extremely rare in the Middle East.
* For the UAE,when comparing prices remember to do the ‘apple-thing’, and include other costs that the price-buster abroad might charge like shipment, import tax, duties, packaging etc. Our prices in the United Arab Emirates are GUARANTEED all-inclusive prices.
* For the other GCC countries:Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, please count on a modest contribution for shipment cost from your side, plus any local taxes/custom duties (often around 5% of the value of the import) that may be raised in the receiving country and which we cannot control. The shipment cost will appear on your screen at the final check-out page, BEFORE you confirm your order.
can I get a franchise or some kind of re-seller agreement for your products?
Thanks for asking! Write to us at hello@DesertRiver.com and tell us your dreams, wishes and ideas. If your plan is good and we smell a deal that could work for both parties, we’ll be more than happy to discuss the possibilities with you in further detail.